Chuckreads

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Better than expected 8/10

I had not expected much from this story of a woman turned werewolf when I grabbed it of the 50 cent cart of my used book store. I thought it would be a Halloween read and nothing more but it was a fun book and well done for a first novel. I found the characters engaging and believable, the story was fast paced and straight forward. I will definitely look for more books in the series (Women of the Otherworld) and by this author.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Book Fiend said...

Will you be trying the rest of the Women of the Otherworld series? I can highly recommend them - I have all of them on my shelf & all have been read multiple times - they're such fun to read! Also, if you haven't done already, try checking out kelley Armstrong's webiste - she has a whole lot of e-fic on there which provides a lot of the back-story to some of the characters in her novellas - well worth a look!

http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/

November 11, 2006  
Blogger chuck said...

I think the book hooked me, I'm already looking at ordering the others.

Thank you for the link, I'll go have a look :)

November 15, 2006  
Blogger jane said...

hi,
i read this a while ago, in a similar circumstance. the bookstore had an advance readers copy and i thought, mm what the hell. i liked it a lot too. i liked that the main character was tough. it was not sci-fi-ey, not that there's anything wrong with that!!

November 19, 2006  
Blogger chuck said...

No, there's nothing wrong with really far fetched sci-fi my hubby prefers that but I like the kind I can picture really happening. If a story is mostly realistic with a little twist of extraordinary I think it makes for much better escapism.

November 19, 2006  
Blogger jane said...

well put.

November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Online Colleges